NOVEMBER 2 CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
On Monday, November 2, the North Myrtle Beach City Council holds a 6:30 p.m. executive session and a 7:00 p.m. meeting at City Hall.
Please access the interactive agenda package here: http://www.nmb.us/files/agendas/11_2_20/agenda/agenda.pdf
If the link does not work for you, please visit www.NMB.us and look under “Agendas” or “Press Releases” on the home page.
The Executive Session Agenda Includes:
- A discussion regarding the appointment of two members to the Planning Commission
- A discussion regarding the potential sale of City property to Horry Telephone Cooperative (HTC)
- A discussion regarding a potential property acquisition
- A legal briefing regarding Chapter 9, Section 9-3 - Special Election to Fill Vacancy, of the City’s Code of Ordinances.
The Meeting Agenda Includes:
- Recognition of the North Myrtle Beach Wakeboard Team at Shark Wake Park
- A Proclamation recognizing Ocean Drive Elementary Blue Ribbon School Week November 16-20
- Second (final) reading of an ordinance pertaining to proposed amendments to Chapter 20, Land Development Regulations, of the City’s Code of Ordinances. The City’s Land Development Regulations specify standards for street design based on the City’s commitment to Complete Streets principles. Occasionally, updates are required to the street design standards to ensure they include all aspects of street design. Having the street design standards within the Land Development Regulations ordinance makes them difficult for people to access, read and use, and for the City to update as needed. The proposed ordinance removes Complete Street Design Guidelines from the City's Land Development Regulations ordinance and creates a separate Street Planning Manual containing the same policy information. This can be shared more easily and the Planning Commission would have the authority to approve future revisions to the Street Planning Manual.