NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The 33rd Annual North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival will be held March 11th on Main Street. The parade begins at 9:00 a.m. and the festival will be held 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
The one-day rain or shine event attracts more than 30,000 people annually.
Parade starts at 9:00 a.m. and for those that are unable to make it in person can view it LIVE on CW21 hosted by WPDE personalities, Ed Piotrowski, Connor Ingalls, and Jennifer Abney.
Begins 2nd Ave N & Ocean Blvd, turn right onto 1st Ave S, right on Hillside Drive, left on Main Street, parade ends at Ye Old Kings Hwy. An emcee announcing parade participants will be stationed at the entrance of the Horseshoe (the intersection of Main Street and Ocean Boulevard). Judges will also be stationed at the Horseshoe to vote for their “Best” parade entries.
WPDE personalities, Ed Piotrowski, Conor Ingalls, and Jennifer Abney, will be announcing the parade at the Community Stage located at Main Street and N. Oak Drive.
The festival offers 130 food, arts and crafts, nonprofit, and other vendors. There will be a Kids Area with games and rides for all ages. The Food Area will have delicious Irish treats as well as festival favorites.
Sponsors of this year’s parade and festival are:
- The City of North Myrtle Beach
- North Strand Optimist Club
- Easy Radio
- Flynn’s Irish Tavern
- Freedom Boat Club
- Best Home and Property Services
- Ancient Order of the Hibernians
The St. Patrick’s Day Festival offers three entertainment stages. The current entertainment lineup is as follows:
Flynn’s Irish Tavern Stage
- 11:00 AM: Brendan O’Connor
- 12:00 PM: Coastal Carolina Shields Pipes & Drums
- 12:15 PM: Brendan O’Connor
- 1:30 PM: The Muckers
- 2:30 PM: Leprechaun Contest
- 2:45 PM: Shepherd’s Pie Eating Contest
- 3:00 PM: The Muckers
Community Stage sponsored by Freedom Boat Club (Oak Drive)
- 11:00 AM: Triple Toe Cloggers
- 11:30 AM: Parade Awards / Clover’s Revenge
- 1:30 PM: Coastal Carolina Shields Pipe & Drums
- 2:00 PM: Julio and the Saltines
Ocean Stage sponsored by Best Home Property Services (Near Duffy’s Seafood Shack)
- 11:00 AM: Southside Saints
- 1:00 PM: Pipes and Drums of the Jersey Shore
- 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM: Painted Man
Two contests are also part of this year’s festival:
•Leprechaun Contest / Jr. Leprechaun Contest
Show off your love of all things Irish by competing in the Leprechaun Contests. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, appearance, enthusiasm, and energy.
•Shepherd's Pie Eating Contest
First to clear their plate without using their hands wins bragging rights, festival t-shirt and a plaque. Register at the Irish stage at Flynn’s Irish Tavern before 2:00 p.m.
The parade staging and line up will occur at 7:00 a.m. on Ocean Boulevard from 2nd Ave North to 11th Ave North. Southbound lanes on Ocean Boulevard from 11th Ave North to 1st Ave South will be closed to traffic from 7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. From 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. The closure will include both southbound and northbound lanes from 2nd Ave North to 1st Ave South.
Main Street from Ash Street to Ocean Boulevard will be closed from 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Main Street to Ocean Boulevard will be closed from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. for the parade. Main Street becomes festival area from Ash Street to Ocean Blvd after the parade until 6:00 p.m.
The parade will begin at 9:00 am. Ocean Boulevard will be open to vehicular traffic until 8:30 am and is expected to reopen around 11:30 am, immediately following the parade.
FREE Event Parking
• Corner of 2nd Avenue North and Ocean Blvd.
• McLean Park: 93 Oak Drive
• Free shuttle service from: Ocean Drive Elementary School (901 11th Ave North, NMB)
• Free shuttle service from: NMB Aquatic and Fitness Center (1100 2nd Ave South, NMB)